KUT PhD Scholarships in Engineering for International Students 2019/2020.
KUT’s Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university through the contribution of highly capable doctoral students. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students under specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English while at the same time assisting their host professor in his/her research projects.
Kochi University of Technology Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
Field of study:
PhD in Engineering
Number of Awards:
As of October. 2013, 42 Ph. D. candidates from 13 foreign countries are studying under this program.
(1) Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/ year tuition fee.
(2) To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/ month is paid for research project work.
(3) 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs.
(Given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan at the time of application)
Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions:
(1) To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date.
(2) To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment.
(3) To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities.
(4) To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects.
(5) To have high English proficiency.
You must choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List and then complete and submit all required documents by post. The application deadline for April and October semesters is 30 September of the previous year. Another deadline for October semester is 31 March of the same year.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.