International Development (BS) at Humber College
Humber’s Bachelor of International Development degree program is an interdisciplinary degree that provides you with a solid theoretical foundation in international development studies and its related disciplines, as well as professional and technical skills in development management. The program is designed specifically to bridge the gap between theory and practice by building hands-on project management skills and capabilities. The program fosters a comparative understanding of developed and developing countries through directed study, analytical research and opportunities to travel that provide cross-cultural learning experiences.
International Development Institute at Humber College
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
• Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
• Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent) minimum 65 per cent
• Grade 11 or 12 Mathematics (MCR3U, MCF3M, MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent) minimum 60 per cent (Students who do not possess Grade 11 or 12 Math at the U or M level, or who have achieved a grade below 60 per cent may be considered for admission. Students will be required to complete a math equivalency course during their first semester at Humber. Additional course fees will apply.)
• Four Grade 12 U or M courses in addition to those listed above
• Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) 65 per cent
• or Mature student status
• or College or university transfer status
• All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.